Mumbai Indians Won record 5th Indian Premier League title. MI skipper Rohit Sharma once again proved his worth by scoring when it mattered as he smashed 68 off 51 balls against Delhi Capitals to help his side win the IPL trophy.
Chasing a par 157-run target, MI never looked in trouble and it was Rohit who played the captain’s innings and scored 5 fours and 4 sixes in his 68 runs knock to make sure that his team cross the finishing line with five wickets in hand to clinch the record
fifth IPL title.
Mumbai Indians’ IPL titles:
- 2013 – By beating Chennai Super Kings by 23 runs in final
- 2015 – By beating Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs in final
- 2017 – By beating Rising Pune Supergiants by 1 run in final
- 2019 – By beating Chennai Super Kings by 1 run in final
- 2020 – By beating Delhi Capitals by five wickets in final
Earlier, Trent Boult (3/30) had reduced the Capitals to 22 for three with an excellent display of fast bowling, but their skipper Shreyas Iyer’s unbeaten fifty lifted Delhi Capitals to 156 for seven in their allocated 20 overs.
While chasing the target, Rohit Sharma(68), Quinton de Kock (20), Surya Kumar Yadav (19), and Ishan Kishan (33*) contributed with bat to help Mumbai Indians win. MI also became only the second team after CSK to defend their IPL title.