ZemTV

Indian court acquits all accused in Babri Masjid demolition case

A Lucknow court acquitted all the accused in the Babri Masjid demolition case after 28 years.

According to Indian media, a Lucknow court has acquitted all 32 accused, including senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader LK Advani.

The court also acquitted other BJP leaders, including Murli Manohar Joshi and Uma Bharti.

According to Indian media, 26 accused were present in the court on the occasion of the verdict of the case.

The court ruled that the Babri Masjid incident was not planned.

The court ruled that the video of the incident was fake and said that the investigation team could not produce the negativity of the photos while there was no concrete evidence against the accused.

The court said the local intelligence report had previously warned of a continuation of such incidents but ignored it.

The Indian Supreme Court had on November 9 last year ruled in the Babri Masjid case in which the court handed over the land of the mosque to the Hindus and ordered the construction of a temple.

The verdict said that the evidence shows that the place of the mosque was the birthplace of Ram and there were no Islamic structures under the Babri Masjid. The Babri Masjid was not built on a vacant plot but on a Hindu structure.

Chief Justice Ranjan Ganguly while handing over the land of Babri Masjid to Hindus said that Muslims should be given alternative land in Ayodhya, Sunni Waqf Board should be given 5 acres of alternative land.

Your Header Sidebar area is currently empty. Hurry up and add some widgets.